Going beyond a family’s strained financial needs, families also find themselves needing specific support relating to their child. Keeping kids busy or occupied during treatments and long hospital stays can become difficult even on their best days. On top of trying to keep a positive spirit and adjusting to treatment side-effects, diagnosed children sometimes need an extra boost. This is where several communities and organizations have stepped in to help! Below are some amazing childhood cancer resources with unique, helpful items and ways to uplift spirits during hard days.
Hospital Care Packs & Unique, Helpful Items
- Super Gabe’s Tubie Gear: Facebook Group
- Noah’s Bandage Project: Cool Band Aids
- Super Sam Foundation: Comfort Packs, Siblings Packs, Caregiver Packs
- Bags of Fun KC: Facebook Group
- Gamerosity: Hero Package and Facebook Group
- Jake’s Crew iPad Fund: Facebook Group
- Jessie Rees Foundation: Joy Jars and More and Facebook Group
- Luke’s Fastbreak: Medical Shirt Care Package
- The Cancer Kickers Soccer Club: What we do
- Friends of Kids with Cancer: Programs and Facebook Group (St Louis Area)
- Sadie Keller Foundation: Milestone Gifts and More and Facebook Group
- Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day: Facebook Group
Wigs, Hats, and Shoes!
- The Golden Hope Project: Sessions